This code of conduct for the SuncoastHR("SuncoastHR") has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct among its members, guests and program participants. Joining this Chapter, attending Chapter activities, or agreeing to participate in a Chapter program, as a member, guest, or as a program participant, indicates your individual responsibility to act in accordance with this Code, thereby assuring that all Chapter activities support the development, networking, and educational intent of this professional organization.
Accordingly, as a member, guest, or program participant of the SuncoastHR, you pledge to adhere to the following tenets:
- To build respect, credibility and strategic importance for the HR profession within our organizations, the business community, and the communities in which we work.
- To assist the organizations we serve in achieving their objectives and goals.
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior; for example, by positively influencing workplace and recruitment practices, and encouraging professional decision-making and responsibility.
- Comply with the law.
- Strive to achieve the highest levels of service, values, performance and social responsibility.
- Advocate for the appropriate use and appreciation of employees.
- Advocate openly and within the established forums for debate in order to influence decision-making and results.
- To expand our knowledge of human resource management to further our understanding of how SuncoastHR and our respective workplaces function.
- Recognize that SuncoastHR meetings, events, and/or any other SuncoastHR activities are times for networking and professional development.
- Commit to continuous learning, skills development and application of new knowledge related to both human resource management and the workplace we serve, including the pursuit of certification where available.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge, the evolution of the profession and the growth of individuals through teaching, research and dissemination of knowledge.
- To set the standard of integrity and be an example for others.
- Instill in the public and other SuncoastHR members a sense of confidence about your conduct and intentions.
- Be ethical; question pending individual and group actions when necessary to ensure that decisions are ethical and are implemented in an ethical manner.
- Seek expert guidance if ever in doubt about the ethical propriety of a situation.
Fairness and Justice
- To create and sustain an environment that encourages all individuals and the organization to reach their fullest potential in a positive and productive manner.
- Respect the uniqueness and intrinsic worth of every individual, and foster a commitment to diversity in SuncoastHR, as well as our workplace.
- Treat people with dignity, respect and compassion to foster a trusting work environment free of harassment, intimidation, and unlawful discrimination.
- Ensure that everyone has the opportunity to develop his or her skills and new competencies.
Conflicts of Interest
- To avoid activities that are in conflict or may appear to be in conflict with any of the provisions of this Code of Ethical and Professional Standards in Human Resource Management or with one's responsibilities and duties as a member of the human resource profession and/or as an employee of any organization.
- Adhere to and advocate the use of published policies on conflicts of interest within your organization.
- Refrain from using your position for personal, material or financial gain or the appearance of such.
- Refrain from giving or seeking preferential treatment in the human resources processes.
- Prioritize your obligations to identify conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof; when conflicts arise, disclose them to relevant stakeholders.
Use of Information
- To build trust among all organization constituents by maximizing the open exchange of information, while eliminating anxieties about inappropriate and/or inaccurate acquisition and sharing of information
- Refrain from making any type of sales contact or self-promotion at any SuncoastHR meeting, event, or other activity, unless granted prior approval by the SuncoastHR board of directors (e.g. as an authorized vendor sponsor, etc.
- Acquire and disseminate information through ethical and responsible means.
- Ensure only appropriate information is used in decisions affecting the employment relationship.
- Investigate the accuracy and source of information before allowing it to be used in employment related decisions.